Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Recent Paintings

I thought I should publish a few of my recent paintings to show that I just don't paint tomatoes. I am doing this tomato exercise to make me a better painter and to learn how to use color more successfully. If you compare these to paintings from 2 years ago, I think it had been a valuable exercise. In the back of my mind, I think I hoped that these exercises could generate some discussion and possibly help others who are hoping to improve their understanding of color.
Aquinnah Sentinel
11" x 14"
This is such an intriguing house situated high above the ocean
on Martha's Vineyard overlooking Nantucket Sound

Rosie
NFS
This was painted for my friend Joyce,
Rosie died recently, she was 16 and my dogs
best friend, and one of mine too.
Butterfly Show
8" x 10"
This was painted for the Cincinnati Art Club
Exhibition coordinated with the Kron Conservatory
Butterfly Show

No comments:

Post a Comment