Monday, August 30, 2010

Tomato #160

Cadmium Orange, Sap green, Dioxazine Purple and Titanium White

A tomato that reads purple-I was hesitant to try-but my favorite variety that I grow is Cherokee Purple-and it is purple and orangish-burgundy. This is as purple focused as I could get without it looking like a Disney Princess. It also amazingly looks like my real tomatoes. There is not much evidence of green and I did not use a lot-mostly in the background and the cast shadow. The background changed from warm brown (purple and orange) to intense purple to a muted purplish-brown in the finished product. The final result is much more convincing than I expected-I love using Cadmium Orange. It can be subtle without being muddy or very intense and can add so much life.

Painted August 30, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment