Monday, September 6, 2010

Old Friends

I was going through some old art supplies to see if there was something that my daughter could use-she has a rather large list of art supplies for her AP Studio Art class. I have always been crazy about color. Every time I cruise through the school supplies or go to an art supply store, I have to restrain myself from buying just one more new box of anything with lots of colors. I'm a color-holic. Crisp new boxes of perfectly organized, perfectly sharpened crayons give me chills, so when I found this old box of pastels and realized what they were, I was a really happy camper. When I was around 10 years old we took one of our million mile trips -this one to New England. We stopped in Rockport Mass. and I remember being rather taken with it. We must have visited lots of galleries and an art store because I insisted on buying these with my own money. I know somewhere at my mom's are a few of the sketches I did with these-even though I had no idea how to use them.

No comments:

Post a Comment