Friday, September 10, 2010

Tomato # 171

Cadmium Orange, Quinacridone Red, Prussian Blue and Titanium White.

This one took too much time. I started with Prussian Blue and Cad. Orange, which gave me an olive green, and the rest came so quickly- it was there and once again I tried to add just one more light and guess what...I ended up wiping it off and starting again-this time with purple- then it went to green and blue. I just kept going and this is the result. I set out to make orange the dominate color-so I did get there through a very circuitous route. At one time the shadow side was Prussian Blue-it took a while to bring it down. This tomato has a lot of paint on it. I am satisfied with the end result, but getting there took too long-these are intended to be color studies-not masterpieces.                                                  
                                               Fall down 7 times, get up 8- Chinese Proverb.
Painted September 10, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment