Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Tomato #176

Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Red Deep, Ultramarine Blue and Titanium White.

This is the final in this series, focusing on the blue and another exercise in-I should have stopped 30 minutes into the painting. Early on it was really interesting with the colors very strong and delineated, but I overworked it, got it again and overworked it again. I might like to put more light green on the front bottom, but I had to stop or I would have been at this all day. I used a lot of all three colors-the red is not as visible but kept it from being a screaming green. In a sense,  having to work it so much was a good exercise in greens considering that I need to work on doing foliage-after tomatoes that is my next venture. When I look at this tomato as a photograph I am very pleased with the outcome of cool and warm, I love the reflected shadow on the shadow side at the bottom front. Lots of interesting color.

Painted September 21,2010

No comments:

Post a Comment