Thursday, September 23, 2010

Tomato #178

Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Red Deep, Cerulean Blue and Titanium White.

This is the second in this series, emphasizing the Cerulean blue; a little less time than the red (#177) spent, but it still took too long. I started with a blue/purple and then began adding the yellows and then a reddish background. It got really interesting there for a while, but as I worked a little further it became more traditional. I almost stopped and photographed it and now I wish I had just to see how it looked in a photograph. This is an acceptable result, but not as exciting in the color and cool/warm ranges. The overall effect is green rather than blue, but that's to be expected with a less intense blue like Cerulean.

Painted September 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment