Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tomato #183

Cadmium Lemon, Cadmium Red Deep, Prussian Blue and Titanium White.
I don't know what my problem is with red. This is the first of this series and I did not start out focusing on the red, I just started out painting a tomato not knowing where I was going, which was my first mistake-they say you should always have a plan for your painting. After putting down some color, and getting some interesting muted aquas, I decided to take it in the red direction. I just couldn't seem to get to a red that worked with the subtle blues and grays. After way too much time and a lot of yellow and white, I reached an acceptable result. It could be better but I think I had too much paint on it and the idea is to complete these in one sitting.

Painted September 28, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment