Monday, August 16, 2010

My First Blog

This is my first blog-I'm a little nervous, but here goes.I've been painting for quite some time-for a long time with watercolors-but the last 5 years I've been working in oils. I am still struggling with values and color relationships so, I decided to make my own color charts; at the same time I was trying to finish a painting of tomatoes and having a hard time getting one of them to work. I decided to do a couple of small color "sketches" to help solve my problem. Well, combine color charts and problems tomatoes and I ended up with a daily tomato color chart if you will. I have now painted 146 tomatoes (the first ones are almost embarassing) I thought I could share what I learn-and hopefully learn from others-so here we go

No comments:

Post a Comment