Sunday, September 5, 2010

Tomato #166

Cadmium Lemon, Quinacridone Red, Prussian Blue and Permalba White

Second in this series-painted on a Cadmium Red Dark ground, this one focuses on the yellow. I started out very green-then I started putting on a small bit of yellow and white mixed with the green- mixed all three and put in the gray background. I think I painted almost the whole thing without really cleaning my brush, which gave it it's mellow feeling. I used Permalba white as it was already on my palette. It does not seem to have the opacity of titanium white-I could not get it to cover the ground, even adding a small bit of Prussian to cool it. I used very little paint- this one seemed to complete itself with ease. Very mellow considering the strong colors used in this.

Painted September 5, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment