Monday, September 13, 2010

Tomato # 172

Cadmium Orange, Quinacridone Red, Prussian Blue and Titanium White.

This tomato is the second in this color series. I focused on the Quinacridone Red. It has a glow like colors produced when using the Gamblin Radiant series of paints. I'm not sure, but I think it is the Quinacridone Red in these combinations that produced this luminous result. I started with Prussian and Q. Red making a purple, I added more red, then started adding white, the heat came later when I began putting in the orange, I then went back to putting in more of the red and white. I tried to blue up the background some, but it didn't take on much, just muted it. I am quite pleased with the end result, even though there doesn't seem to be a strong representation of cool vrs. warm.

Painted September 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment